LARNED — Advance ballots are available for the April 6 election in Pawnee County.
Advance voting is available in the Pawneer County clerk’s office at the Pawnee County Courthouse from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Friday is the last day to mail an advance ballot.
The advance voting option will also be available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday for the city/school elections. Remember to bring your photo ID. Please enter by the west drive through, or south door, and proceed to the County Clerk’s Office on second floor.
Sample ballots are available for viewing at: www.pawneecountykansas.com.
• Larned mayor, Bob Pivonka, Tayleene VanNorden; city council, Ward 1, Charles Spina, Gene Pierce; Ward 2, David Zecha; Ward 3, Dennis Wilson; Ward 4, Kim Barnes.
• Burdett, council (top 3), Joe Miller, Lee Olsen, Joe Griffie.
• Garfield, mayor, Benny Burger, Robert Hoch; council (top 5), Ed Ummel, Thon Basom, Rachel Bird, John Ebert, Kevin Greathouse, Gerald Hickman, Travis Burger, Robert Banes
• Rozel, council (top 3), Bradley Colglazier, Ritch Foos, Deanna Cantrell.
• Fort Larned USD 495, Position 4, June Barger; Position 5, Jay Haremza; Postion 6, Kimi Bowman, Leroy Lyon.
• Rozel USD 496, Position 1-3, Philip Hammeke; Position 1-5, Rod Eldridge; Position 2-6, Candi Polson.
For information, please call the Pawnee County clerk’s office; 620 285-3721.
Quilting Bees meet
LARNED — The Quilting Bees Guild met March 19 with twelve members present. Mary Weber introduced visitor Glenda Colson who recently moved to Larned from Garden City.
A thank you note from Joyce Berry was read for the gift of a prayer quilt.
A thank you goes to Keith Mull for a donation to the prayer quilt ministry.
The Quilter’s Celebration has been moved to June 22.
Discussion was held in regard to meetings, dues and new officers. Mary Weber demonstrated making a girl’s skirt using 5 inch charm squares and displayed examples of finished skirts.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, April 2 in the fellowship hall of the First Presbyterian Church.
Show and Tell participants were Rita Schaller, quilted wall hanging featuring dogs playing cards and a bag made of three blocks; Opal Macy, braided quilt top donated to the prayer quilt ministry; Diann Morell, braided quilt in greens and purple and several panels; Alice Clapsaddle, braided quilt using reproduction 1930s fabric and trimmed in red, a Batik quilt using large half square triangles, a girl’s skirt made from 5-inch charms in red/black/white, and the February pattern from The Kansas City Star; Myrna Cannon, “101 Fabulous Small Quilters,” book.
Tuesday — Art club, 7:30 a.m.; LHS JV Track, home, 3 p.m.; LHS Softball vs. Great Bend, 4 p.m.; LHS Baseball at Halstead, 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday — Weekly Eligibility; Stuco, 7:30 a.m.; Junior officers, Jostens, 8 a.m.; Spotlight Assembly, Seminar; Soph.-Jr. meeting, gym
Thursday — LHS Softball at Spearville, 4 p.m.
Friday — Good Friday, No School