LARNED — The panwee County Commission met at 9 a.m. July 11 with Donna Pelton, Kathy Bowman and Chair Gary Caplinger present. Minutes were provided by Donna Searight, Pawneer County clerk.
• Searight, gave the commissioners the following for their review/approval — payroll; payables; draft minutes of June 27, 2016; Pawnee County estimated valuation for budget purposes; payroll change for Dawn Naugle, to Deputy County Treasurer appointment; KAC voting delegate appointment form; Health Department Interim; and Beckwith Services bill of $1,300.
Informed commissioners that the Pawnee County Health Department was needing some help with their interim, budget and other accounting items, and County Clerk has visited with Richard VonFeldt, with VonFeldt, Bauer and VonFeldt, to see if they could find a way to get the department accounting closer to the way they would like it. Richard said he would get with them.
• Commissioners read, corrected and approved minutes of June 27, 2016.
• Commissioners signed payroll change form for Dawn Naugle.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payroll.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables.
• Commissioners approved Beckwith Services bill in the amount of $1,300.
• Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, contingent on VonFeldt and County Attorney approval, signed the contract for the second year project for safety signs.
• Commissioners signed payroll change forms for the following — Josh Riedel, Level III to step 3, effective June 22, 2016; Brent Maxwell, Level III to step 2, effective June 28, 2016.
Demel gave updates on activities and plans. Commissioners signed GBT contract, and there will be no charge.
10:45 a.m.—John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, discussed the Larned Juvenile Mental Health Facility.
11 a.m.—Pawnee County Extension Council presented the 2017 proposed budget and appropriation request — Donna Preisner, Family & Consumer Sciences; Shannon Rogge, Ag & Natural Resources; Angie Murray, Cindy Grant and Karen Frick. Presented the 4-H, FCS, AG and Pride areas and gave updates. Requested County Appropriation of $136,000 for 2017.
11:30 a.m.—The meeting was adjourned/ The next meeting was scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday, July 18.