STAFFORD — Stafford County Economic Development in sponsoring a photography contest in conjunction with the 2016 Stafford County Fair.
The images will be used for promotional materials or with the Stafford Eco-Devo website. A $25 prize will be awarded to the winner in three categories. Honorable mention winners receive a $5 prize for each entry.
Live—Relates to the way we live — housing, education, child care, civic activity, health and health care, our physical community
Work—Shows business, commerce, employment
Play—Includes recreation, travel, wildlife, youth activities
In all categories, consideration will be given to the clarity of the image, visual appeal, and artistic quality. Photos that include people and portray everyday life are encouraged. Images are valued for their ability to portray a vibrant, progressive culture.
2016 Contest Rules
• All exhibits must be entered by 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 13.
• All photos are to be 4 by 6 inches and mounted on an 11 by 12.5-inch studio mount that can be purchased at the Stafford County Extension Office. Landscape or portrait orientation is acceptable.
• Please designate on the back of the studio mount, the category (Live, Work, Play) for the photo.
• Photos should be in full color.
• Winners will be selected by representatives of Stafford County Economic Development, Wednesday evening, July 13.
• A waiver to allow use of the photo must be signed and a digital file in .jpg format must be provided before prize money will be paid.
For information, access the link — (http://www.staffordecodevo.com/photo-contest.html). For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Ashlee Bevan, 620-549-3527.