Barton Community College is searching for a head coach for men’s soccer, an assistant dean of Information Services and a dean of Workforce Training and Community Education.
The Board of Trustees this week reviewed 2019-2020 contract renewals for head coaches, management staff and administrators. There is also an opening for the director of the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) program and the Great Plains OSHA Education Center. The positions will remain open until filled.
Barton President Dr. Carl Heilman said soccer coach Mike Brown is leaving to take a position with Iowa Western Community College.
The list of head coach contracts also includes two new contracts. Michael Perry will coach men’s a women’s bowling, which is being added as a sport this year. Alan Segal will coach volleyball.
Leadership and Assessment Institutes
Barton’s 49th commencement was held last week. In April, the college also celebrated two graduations for staff who completed yearlong in-house learning projects. Members of this year’s Leadership Institute and Assessment Institute spoke to the trustees on Tuesday, describing what the programs have meant to them.
Each year, seven or eight employees are selected for the BCC Leadership Institute, which was patterned after the Kansas Community College Leadership Institute. The program was created three years ago by Vice President Elaine Simmons to prepare staff to fill future administrative or management positions that become open.
Now Jo Harrington, a member of the college’s Executive Leadership Team, has created the Assessment Institute, which also had seven graduates this year. This group is involved in the ongoing effort to improve teaching methods by reviewing how information is presented and how well students learn the material.
Simmons noted that coordination of the Leadership Institute has now been taken over by Whitney Asher, assistant director of financial aid. Through these programs, Simmons said, more college employees are asking to become involved in Barton projects. “They are taking on more every day.”
Mike Johnson, chairman of the board of trustees, praised the efforts of the administrators and management staff, and the employees who take the time to learn more about every aspect of the college. These institutes are not available at every Kansas community college.
“These are things that really set Barton apart,” Johnson said.
A list of 2019-2020 contracts the board is expected to renew at the June meeting follows.
Head Coach Contract Renewal List
• Mike Bammes – wrestling
• Brent Biggs – baseball
• Ousmane Camara – women’s soccer
• Jerold Clark -women’s basketball
• Craig Fletchall – men’s basketball
• Tyler Gunelson – softball
• Douglas Kaiser – men’s and women’s golf
• Jonathan Reeder – men’s and women’s swimming
• David Schenek – track and cross country
• Amanda Schnoebelen – dance line and cheerleader
• Lyle Stickney – tennis
Management Staff Contract Renewal List
• Terry Barrow – Comptroller and Budget Manager
• Coleen Cape – Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
• Mary Foley – Executive Director of Workforce Training and Economic Development
• Lindsay Holmes – Director of Hazardous Materials, Emergency Management, and Occupational Safety, and Health
• Jane Howard – Executive Director of Business, Technology and Community Education
• Julie Knoblich – Director of Human Resources
• Kathleen Kottas – Executive Director of Nursing and Healthcare Education
• Claudia Mather – Associate Dean of Instruction
• Terri Mebane – Director of Military Programs
• Todd Moore – Assistant Director of Athletics and Sports Information Director
• Amy Oelke – Director of Enterprise Technology and DBA
• Myrna Perkins – Chief Accreditation Officer and Director of Financial Aid
• ReGina Reynolds-Casper – Director of Library and College Archives
• Trevor Rolfs – Director of Athletics
• Laura Stutzman – Business Manager
Administrative Contract Renewal List
• Ashley Anderson – Dean of Military Academic Services
• Mark Dean – Vice President of Administration
• Brian Howe – Dean of Academics
• Michelle Kaiser – Chief Information Officer
• Angela Maddy – Vice President of Student Services
• Charles Perkins – Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
• Elaine Simmons – Vice President of Instruction
• Kurtis Teal – Dean of Fort Riley Technical Education and Military Outreach Training